Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nana & Papa's Care Package

At 35, I still get care packages from my parents... how amazing is that?! Every couple of months we'll get a call from Mum to expect a package in a couple days. They mail them Express post because they send yummy, homemade, baked goods... and sometimes even baked beans & dill carrots (my absolute favourite "pickle").
These are pictures from the package we received this week... Nana's homemade molasses cookies... she even made some in the shape of the trefoil (the Girl Guides symbol) for Abby because she's now in Sparks. Mum's had the cookie cutter since I was in Brownies (nearly 30 years ago!). Apparently it broke in one of her recent batches so she now holds the pieces together to cut the cookie shape!
Cinnamon biscuits are one of Jon's favourite baked goods. She sent two bags that didn't last 24 hours in our house!
There was also fudge, homemade rolls, marinaded tofu, Easter cards and kaleidoscopes, cotton candy & some small toys for the kids. We LOVE care packages from home!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

deborah said...

I am SO jealous! That is the sweetest thing ever. I love your mom.

Blog Archive