Here are a few pictures of Jordan taken this past week. The first 3 are at 10 days old and the bottom one was taken last night (13 days old) with Jordan's new friend Myah, born just a day and a half after Jordan.
Overall, it wasn't a bad week. Jon worked Monday - Thursday and actually had to drive to Dryden and back yesterday. I did my best to adapt to mothering three little ones on my own through the day. Wednesday I even took all three kids out on my own to visit Daddy at lunchtime. Yesterday was our playschool Christmas party so the kids and I were all out the door shortly before 9 am (Daddy had to be on the road by 7 am). There were still some sticky faces and fingers, but overall, the kids didn't look half bad! I, on the other hand, could have used more makeup to cover the dark circles under my eyes :)
Jordan usually wakes 2 or 3 times through the night, and will usually go back to sleep after an hour of nursing, burping, changing, nursing, burping ... We continue to sleep in the tv/play room as our bedroom in the addition is not heated yet and it's definitely winter here in Thunder Bay! We pull out the futon every night and Jordan sleeps in his bassinet.
Jude has taken to NOT napping the past couple of days... we're not sure what that's about exactly, but we're hoping its short-lived... I get pretty wiped by the end of the day and I'd be a much better Mummy with an afternoon nap. It's all a phase though, truly. These tiring days and nights will be a distant memory before I know it. Our little ones will grow more and more independent and need Mummy and Daddy less and less. Just the thought brings tears to my eyes... so I will continue to pray for strength to be a godly mother, to be patient instead of frustrated when Abby decides she needs to go pee shortly after we get out the door and to laugh instead of cry when Jude puts cat food in the cat's water AGAIN. I am so very blessed. These are the times to remember... they won't last forever.




No comments:
Post a Comment