Saturday, December 15, 2007

Lessons learned from putting up our Christmas tree this year...

1. Using a reciprocating saw on a hardwood floor to cut off the bottom of the tree causes the whole room to vibrate.

2. Never buy a Christmas tree with even a slightly crooked trunk.

3. Always hold the Christmas tree perfectly still after it has been determined to be straight and your husband is under the tree tightening the bolts.

4. Tieing your tree to the wall does NOT mean you have failed.

5. Shag area rugs can hold a lot of pine needles.

6. Vacuum cleaners do not like long pine needles.

7. It takes a LONG time to sweep a shag rug.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it will be done before I get there. See you Tuesday.

love,
Mom/Lin/Grammy

Anonymous said...

I meant to add - tying your tree to the wall is a wise move when you have 3 kids and a cat.

Anonymous said...

tying your tree to the wall is ALWAYS the way we did it - I think it adds a little country charm to the whole deal. Have a wonderful T-Bay holiday.
Hil

Katarina said...

lol, i take it things didn;t go as smoothly as you were hoping when trying to put up the tree?? you should see the snow here! i think there is actually more than in tbay now and it is STILL coming!

Blog Archive