Saturday, October 24, 2009

Beauty in the midst of distraction

The last few weeks have been busy. In attempts to actually complete my doctorate by the end of December, I've been trying to steal chunks of time through the day to work... some days it's easier than others. Some evenings I'll have a coffee around 9 pm and work until 1 or later. After staying up late to work Monday night, I was busily trying to get Abby off to school and the boys and I off to gymnastics Tuesday morning. As I removed the cereal bowls from the dining room table before the cat could claim them, I glanced out the window and saw this...





The sky got more and more vibrant. Then the sun rose behind the clouds.
The beautiful colours turned to shades of grey.

The sunrise was a gift, from my loving Heavenly Father, Creator of the Universe!

A gift that shows His glory and His power, His love and His creativity!

Life is busy right now. Kids are sick. Again. I'm tired & distracted.

Some days are just grey.

But I am loved by the One who paints the skies, for me.
Amazing.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dana said...

so beautiful Leslie

Lauren said...

Hi Lezlie!

I haven't visited your blog in awhile, so I'm just catching up:) You are incredibly busy, wow!!! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers as you're in these last few months of finishing up your Ph. D, that's amazing!!! Beautiful post, great perspective:)

Blog Archive