I'm taking today to reflect back on the past few months.... of the many many things for which I am thankful. And I'll finally share a few pictures from the summer...
I'm thankful for Abby's friends (and her friends' moms!). We had a weekend mother-daughter campout with 5 other mother-daughter pairs in July and then sleepover this past weekend.
I'm thankful for Jon's brother, Paul and the brief visit we had with him in Ottawa when we drove through this summer. Jude LOVED Uncle Paul who came bearing part of Jon's childhood Transformer collection AND rode a motorcycle. Uncle Paul is definitely very cool :)
I'm thankful for the picnic breakfast we had at CHEO (the hospital where Jonah lived the last few weeks of his life).
I'm thankful for Nana & Papa and the beauty of the country... for the abundance of vegetables and for the 82-year old hands that cultivated the soil, planted the seeds and lovingly cared for the plants all summer.
I'm thankful that our kids could enjoy the garden and the little bean shelter planted just for them.
Jordy was particularly fond of picking and eating the carrots that Papa would clean off for him with his shirt :)
I'm thankful for the cottage and these 2 little brothers whose relationship grows closer each day.
I'm thankful even for Shasta, our very energetic, handful of a dog! Abs had a great time swimming with her at the cottage and Jude had fun throwing sticks for her.
I'm thankful for my sisters and the projects they plan for the kids when we visit. One of the projects this summer was making plaster hand prints for the cottage, decorated with beach glass.
I'm thankful for dad blowing bubbles for the kids and my mum playing lego with them.
I'm thankful for family fishing trips.
I'm thankful for my family (and s'mores!!)
I'm thankful that we could go to Kings Landing this summer with my parents and for the stories that they both shared with the kids about growing up in a different time.
I'm thankful for our kids... growing up and doing so many new, amazing things... stretching themselves past their fears. Abby learned to not only put her face in the water, but actually swim under water! Jude mastered the "bob"!
I'm thankful for Abby's excitment over her very first lemonade stand (at our summer yard sale)
I'm thankful for the two weekends could spend camping this summer, just our little family.
I'm thankful for the way that Jordy always tries to find flowers to give to me, even when there are very few to be found.
I'm thankful for the beauty of Creation and for the ruggedly beautiful country in which we live.
I'm thankful for the property that we just purchased to build a house for Jon's mom with lots of room for the kids to explore! I'm thankful that Lin will move 2500 kms to be closer to us... as soon as she sells her house :)
I'm thankful for my amazing, handsome husband.
I'm thankful for this life that God's given me...



1 comment:
So many wonderful things to be thankful for!
Post a Comment