Last night I laid awake for 2 hours after going to bed. Part of me was excited for Abbs to be entering Grade 1. Part of me grieved that she is now entering Grade 1. My little girl is not so little anymore. She'll spend nearly 40 hours/week in school and on her way to and from school on the bus. We had such a fun, relaxing summer. I'm not ready for Abby to be in school, let alone for 5 days a week. I really missed having her around today. I missed cuddling together and reading her Little House books together. I missed watching her play. I missed watching her pretend that she was breaking horses, galloping around the yard saying, "gaddup", "gee", "haw" and "whoa"...
Jude meets his teacher tomorrow. He'll find out when he gets to start school. I'm not sure I'm ready to see my not so little boy climbing the stairs to get on the bus and be away from home for 8 hours a day, even if it is only 2 or 3 days a week. Jordy will miss him. I'll miss him.
Transitions.
Abby had a great first day of school. So far, she loves Grade 1. On a scale from 1 - 10, she gave it a 10 :)
1 comment:
glad she had a good day!
Post a Comment