Jordan got cold toes & fingers (and became quite displeased), but was all smiles when Mummy shared her maple syrup rolled on a stick! Jude opted for the cone and savoured it for nearly half an hour. Abby is more like me and gobbled hers quickly!
The kids loved the huge snow maze which this year had a slide out.
After the sleigh ride to the actual fort, the kids enjoyed bannock fried in bear fat (I opted out...)
Our favourite activity was taking a ride on the frozen river in a dog sled. Abby, Jude and I sat cozy in the sled pulled by 6 dogs. Four of the dogs were only a year old. Abby loved that one of the lead dogs was a female. Samantha is one of the younger dogs and is being mentored by an older and more experienced dog. Our team was only on its second run of the day. They were fresh and FAST! I've never actually had a dog sled ride before and was amazed at how well they responded to the driver's verbal commands. Jordan stayed back with Jon, but hopefully we can all get out next year!
While we were deciding what time to schedule our dog sled ride, we were approached by a reporter from Thunder Bay Newswatch. Jon bailed so I chatted with the reporter. His story about the carnival is here.
Despite some tears from our littlest Gomer, the carnival was more of a success than last year!







No comments:
Post a Comment