Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My latest project

I've been looking for some "art" for my office walls, but decided to make my own. This is my project. I borrowed a friend's die cuts and tools to cut out each letter and then glued and placed them all with tweezers (yup, it took some time and patience!) I wanted to capture "childhood" through pictures of the little Gomers.

Although this picture doesn't really do it justice, I'm happy with how it turned out. I think I'm equally as happy that I accomplished something that will last (unlike a clean house, clean laundry, an empty clean sink, or a toy-free floor!)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Angela & Tom Newman said...

You go, Girl!! I am so proud of you! Wow. A finished project. I am slightly green. Glad it all worked out. Thanks for sharing your pics and being inspirational to me.

Amy said...

That is so beautiful Lezlie!
I love the way independence goes off on its own towards the end ... very cool. Very creative.

You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned how good if felt to accomplish something that would last ... I was trying to put that feeling into words in regards to my scrapbooking and why it seems so productive where cleaning the house or doing laundry just doesn't anymore.

Blog Archive