Jude seems like such a little man these days. I know that when we bring our new little guy home in a couple months that he will seem so much more grown up. Although we set up the toddler bed in his room several weeks ago, we've used it only for cuddles, stories, etc. before he goes into his crib to sleep. We are still undecided on whether to borrow another crib or move Jude into his big boy bed before his little brothers' arrival. We decided that if we were going to try the big boy bed, we needed to do it soon so that he'd be comfortable in that transition before making the transition to "middle child".
So, yesterday afternoon I gave it a try. He cried for a few minutes and then settled down to sleep (only to wake up crying 45 minutes later). Today I stayed with him until his little eyes could stay open no longer (it didn't take more than 5 minutes) and he slept 2 1/2 hours! So, we thought we'd try a whole night. It took him a little longer to settle, even with cuddles and stories, but he's asleep (we're hoping it's for the night!). We'll let you know how it goes :) Just in case, I think I'll head to bed a little earlier tonight...



No comments:
Post a Comment